UPS Field Service Engineer – The Midlands/North
An excellent opportunity for an experienced UPS Engineer to join a well-established and vibrant UPS company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and emergency repairs of UPS and related power protection equipment within their territory (The Midlands and Northern UK Mainland). You will be required to establish excellent rapport with both our long-standing customers and your teammates across all our departments. We offer an attractive salary, company vehicle, on-call allowance, laptop, tools, smartphone & company pension.
The job requires all UPS engineers to work in a safe manner in accordance with the Adept Power safety policy using good working practices and current codes of legislation. You will also be expected to conduct yourself in a professional manner whilst at work and on-call.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Installation & field repair of a wide range of UPS & power protection products.
- Maintenance & commissioning of a wide range of UPS & power protection products.
- Battery replacements for a wide range of UPS & power protection products.
- The written, verbal and telephone support of all internal and external customers.
- Responsible for communicating to their manager the status of all jobs (open/closed).
- The timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and administration documents.
- Participation in the on-call rota, and regularly available to work weekends & nights.
- Ensure that all company assets (vehicle, tools, IT equipment) are well maintained.
- Assist the Field Service team in the day-to-day operation of the department
- Provide sales and/or service leads to the business via the correct process.
- Ensure that all ISO 9001:2000 & ISO 14001:2000 processes are followed.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience of working in the technical field of UPS equipment essential.
- Previous UPS field service experience essential.
- Electrical qualifications/experience a significant advantage.
- Effective organisational skills with an ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-reliant.
- Computer Literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Clean & valid driving license.
- Significant opportunities for overtime, with out of hours and weekend work.
- Participation in the 24/7 weekly on call rota (with annual allowance).
- Occasionally required to stay away from home and/or travel long distances.
- Occasional heavy lifting required (25-30 kg.)
- Company uniform provided.
Candidate to be located in either the Midlands or North of England.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or for any other enquiries, please call our office at 01264 351415.
Strictly no agencies.