Leading the Way to Greener UPS Business Practices
Sustainability has always been one of our main focuses here at Adept Power. Our aim is to provide the highest quality UPS systems and solutions while ensuring we’re doing our part to help the environment.
In 2008, Adept Power were extremely proud to be awarded the ISO 14001 Certification. This important standard has provided a key framework that has enabled APS to become environmentally friendly, manage compliance obligations, reduce waste and lead the way in environmental efficiency savings.
For 12 years we have been consistently working towards becoming a greener business. One of the key policies we implemented was in 2014, where we improved the environmental impact that our fleet of company cars and commercial vehicles were having on the atmosphere.
At the time, our average CO2 emissions for our fleet of vehicles were at 150 (g/Km) and our average combined mpg was 51.5. We introduced a policy whereby any vehicle (of the same class) that was being replaced must have both improved CO2 emissions and improved combined mpg.
During this period, we also installed a double electric charging point at our office premises and introduced plug-in hybrid vehicles to the fleet.
The results of this are as follows;
- Reduced our average fleet CO2 emissions from 150 (g/Km) to 124 (g/km).
- Increased our average combined mpg from 51.5 to 78.8.
- A total actual reduction of 43.8 Metric Tonnes of CO2 emissions since 2014.
- An overall reduction in both annual CO2 emissions and fuel usage despite the fleet and total mileage increasing by circa 18% over 5 years.
How Will APS Continue to Lead by Example?
Over the next 5 years we are also committed to achieving the following challenging goals;
- Reduce our average fleet CO2 emissions to below 80 (g/km).
- Increase our average combined mpg to +100.
- All company cars to be either fully electric or plug-in hybrid by 2025.
- All commercial vehicles to be plug-in hybrid (electric if the technology exists) by 2025.
- Install further double electric charge points.
- Our ultimate goal is for the entire vehicle fleet to become carbon neutral by 2030.
Although we are all too aware that the numbers in themselves are incredibly small in the overall scheme of things, we are trying our best to do our bit for the environment. If nothing else, it proves that if a small family run business can make these changes and commitments, then large corporate organisations that have considerably more financial and technical resources available to them have no excuse!
Get in Touch
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information on our mission to ‘go green’. Give our friendly team an email email@example.com, or a call 01264 351415 and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.